Our History

In 1945, Ralph Fairman opened the first metal recycling business in Brunswick, Georgia – originally known as Metal Products. In 1969 Ralph’s son, Mike, took over and expanded the business to serve the surrounding areas including Glynn, McIntosh, Brantley and Camden Counties. In 2000, Ralph’s grandson, Michael, took over and changed the name to Glynn Iron & Metal. Thereafter, Michael expanded the business to include industrial and residential demolition. In February 2010, Michael relocated the business and built a state of the art facility off of Perry Lane Road. The EPA compliant Glynn Iron was formed in the beginning with a common goal in mind, to earn the respect and trust that each customer can rely on for their particular needs. Being that Glynn Iron & Metal is proud of this history, they have managed to stay in business by keeping the common goal founded by Ralph Fairman in mind:

To earn the respect and trust that each customer can rely on for their particular need!

Historic junkyard truck
Historic scrap yard trucks and equipment
Historic scrap yard truck and crane